G-Shape Ear hook Microphone Earpiece
for Retevis RT82 Two Way Radio
Availability: In stock
- G shape earpiece, easy to use, left ear and right ear can be comfortable to wear.
- High quality, strong, environmental friendly PU cable is strong and durable.
- PTT with 360 rotating clip, you can clip anywhere on your cloth.
- Color :Black
- Weight :1.23oz/35g
- Suitable for: RT87, RT82
- Items purchased from retevis.com can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment in most cases.The return must be in its original condition,including gifts. For further detail,please find Return Policy (Opens in a new window).
- Click here to login the RMA Page (Opens in a new window) or email email@example.com.
RT82 earpiece usability
- I have ordered that one accessory because I thought it would be the most cheaper and most simpler solution to access RT82's 13-pin connector for packet-radio usage over an AX.25 modem that had standardized round 6-pin mini-DIN jack. So the price was good comparing to some bigger external microphone/speaker combos provided by Retevis. And the shipping time was also excellent over the standard cheap postal service. When the package arrived, I tested the item for its primary function, that means listening to the ear and talking by the small mic that can attach to your shirt's pocket or so. It worked quite good. The manual PTT activated TX without problem, and I got good reports from hams who had used local repeaters. I tested the item while continual walking (did not stop for a while to talk), in order to test overall capabilities of portable walking & talking. The reports were good in general.
Nevertheless, I want to see how to use that product for old, good packet by using RT82's analog mode. At the moment I still do not have any clue what to do to adapt the earpiece as an interface for attaching the RT82 to a packet modem. In the meantime I got a schematic diagram from the factory, showing a resistor and a capacitor of unknown values somewhere within the earpiece construction. However, I do not have any idea of their locations and functions. Hence I do not know what would be the best way to adapt the earpiece (by disassembling its parts) so to make a proper and usable cable interface to a packet modem. That is why I kept 4 stars only for the quality of the earpiece, as well as 3 stars only for the communication.
- Small size form
- Unsure (for now) if it would be possible, and how to use it for attaching packet modem
- Good price, works good for voice communication
- In general I am against the multi-pin jacks for external accessories
You may also be interested in the following product