base station antennas,
What are Base Station Antennas?
A base station antenna is a fundamental component in a wireless communication network. These antennas are base station mounted on towers to provide cellular connectivity to users. These antennas are used to cover a single frequency band or multiple frequency bands. Multi-band base station antennas often have multiple antennas inside a single radome - in this case each antenna has a separate port, which can be connected to different base stations or to different sections of a single base station. Base stations are typically mounted above the ground with the height varying according to the surrounding. They are the main communication point for one or more wireless mobile client devices. A Base station can consist of one or more RF antennas that transmit and/or receive radio signals.
Important Parameters of Base Station Antennas:
- Frequency Bands: These are operating frequency ranges that a base station antenna can operate in. A base antenna might operate in a single frequency band or have multi-band support, depending on the application.
- Gain (dBi): Gain is a parameter that measures the degree of directivity of the antenna's radiation pattern.
- Radiation Pattern: Radiation pattern is a representation of the distribution of radiated energy in the horizontal plane.
- Polarization: Polarization of an antenna refers to the orientation of the electric field of the radio wave transmitted by it. A base station antenna polarization can be linear, circular, dual slant (±45 Degrees), etc.
- Beamwidth: Beamwidth is the angle from which the majority of the antenna's power radiates. It can be measured in the horizontal (azimuth) or vertical (elevation) planes and is expressed in degrees (°).
- Remote Electrical Tilt (RET): It is the ability of an antenna to remotely change its direction to modify the direction of radiation. RET is used to create greater beam tilt in one direction than the other, mainly to accommodate unusual terrain. Click here to learn more about Remote Electrical Tilt.
Base station antennas are not currently produced by retevis, if you need to buy antennas for radios or mobile radios and repeaters, you can check retevis antennas.